I started this blog a very long time ago.

I was in a writing "class" at work and needed a place to keep up with what I had written. And so this blog was born. Since the class ended, so did the blog. It's sat lifeless since then. Now, I'm married, no longer working at Croasdaile and raising an 8 month old son. I thought it was time to revive it.

And so this post is bringing it back to life. I hope I can continue to make the blog personal stories about who I am and what means something to me.

I thought I knew what love was. When I met my husband my heart swelled. I looked at him and knew I was supposed to be with him. He smiled and my heart felt so full it was about to burst. And then we got married, and our love just continued to grow, and grow, and grow. Each day I knew that he was the right one for me. I didn't think my heart could hold anymore love.

Then I got pregnant. The first time I felt that little tiny kick I knew I was in love. As he grew and I saw him on the screen, again my heart swelled. I was connected to this little human being. This little human inside me was growing.

And then he was born. And my whole world flipped on it's head. My heart is so full of love. I looked at him and it was instant. I want nothing more then protect him. To keep him safe from getting hurt, from being sad or unhappy, from feeling pain. I want knowing more then for him to know how truly much I love him. Everything about him. I never understood how much my parents loved me, but more importantly, worries about me, until he was born.

My life is so full now. Full of love for my husband. Full of smiles and laughs from my son. Full of watching my son grow, watching the bond between him and his daddy grow. I am so content and happy for the first time in a long time.

THIS is love. THIS is happiness. THIS is life.